Wednesday, September 24, 2008

God Bless Humpty Dumpty

This last week as we are allowed to peek behind the economic curtain and see how badly greed has captured our fair system, I'm reminded of Humpty Dumpty. I pray our markets do not fall off the wall and yet that is the price we pay for not being good stewards.
You can not legislate greed and fairness but you can put penalties in place if you do get greedy. Let's pray that there is enough fear in politicians hearts today to at least try to do the right thing for the people as the U.S. attempts to correct this historic problem.
If my people, who are called by my name...
God always has conditions for us to receive His promises and yet we continue to believe we can get it our own ways and then be upset when things go south.

Lord forgive us for our selfish ways and for being such bad examples to the lost and dying world around us that "only" desires to live for "more" of the what the world offers. And we are here so often showing the world that we are addicted to the same idols. Help us to seeks self-lessness over selfishness. Pray for our nation.

1 comment:

Dannyroo said...

Hey! Craig, I'm very happy to be worshipping with you at ROL. I'm excited to see what GOD has planned for you and me in the near future. I'm blessed to call you friend. God is good, and you are cool...love dannyroo