Saturday, December 13, 2008

Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire

Spent today cleaning house and getting ready for Jane to come home from Tokyo. Started a fire in the upstairs fireplace this morning and tonight it's still burning bright. Our downstairs fireplace has an insert so it blows awesome heat, but I've never put a blower insert in the living room fireplace. With heat what it is in MN in the winter, I should have done it long ago, and maybe this year I'll get a round tuit. :)

Took this pict. of the fire about an hour ago. I'm such a sucker for a good one. They are never the same twice and the smell and sound does something magical to my psyche.
I took out my Gibson and played through all the worship music for Sunday a few times while the new puppy ran around like it was her last hour on earth.
I hope you and yours are finding time to relax this next week for Christmas. It's so easy to overbook and forget to slow down and look for that Star.
I heard Songwriter Michael Peterson had a song that related our lives being the humble "stable" that we are to invite Jesus into. What a concept. cant wait to hear that one. Jesus isn't looking for a proud mansion to be born in. He's the star, not our accomplishments and beautiful trappings and coverings. Jesus help me see you this week in a new and fresh way as I come and worship before You.
If I don't check in before this weekend, Merry Christmas to you all.
He is very fond of all of you!

No comments: