Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holy-days


Well, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Olson's.

The photo is from Thanksgiving but it is the last photo I had of the Fam.

Family photos. They are a funny thing. When you are young, you look back and think, "geeze I look so young and geeky or skinny or pimpley". Then you get older and look back at old photos and say, "wow I looked pretty good back, then". :)
Are you laughing yet.
Then there is a time when you begin to think that you look better older than when you were younger. That is the delusional denial taking a foot hold at that moment.

Hey whatever your age, holidays are about family celebrating whatever the holiday is. Christmas for Christians is a very special time, just as Hanukkah is for Jewish friends and Ramadan is for Muslims. For our family, we realize that our faith is our foundation, our source of peace, joy, stability and hope in good and bad times. Without it we would still love each other just as much, we just would not be happy because our hearts would be empty when we left each others presence.
I'm so thankful moving forward into '09 for my precious and faith-full wife, the health of everyone, my awesome children and spouses, precious grand daughter, friends, country, and all who sacrifice of themselves to make life better for others. Thank you Lord, help me to be a better servant.

No comments: