Monday, July 28, 2008

Lost and Found

I once left a really nice 5x Resistol Black western hat in a cab in downtown Tokyo. As he pulled away, I saw it on the back window of the cab. (Almost the same hat as the white one shown here hanging on the top of my China Cabinet.) If you know me, you know I have hat's everywhere.

Well this morning at church I had a new worship song land in my brain at the end of the worship set, and during the sermon on James 4, I took notes and wrote a new tune and number chart for it.
I got home excited to lay it down on computer in the studio, only to find no lyric sheet in my bible. Well I double checked my clothes, and my bible, and the car. No luck - no paper. Well what do you do then. Praise God for the opportunity to find the lost song/sheep. I got back in the car and drove back to church, hoping to find the paper in the parking lot where I parked, or in the sanctuary stuck in a pew.
Not in the lot or in my pew. The church was dark. I stood in the sanctuary in frustration and then saw a 55 gal dumpster in the corner from the janitor.
What are the odd's, and how much gum and coffee will I have to pour through , I thought to myself? I walked up to it in the dark and there on the very top of a full dumpster was my little 3x6 note sheet. Excited I drove home, skipped the Twins/Cleveland game and did a quick demo of this new song from Sunday. I should have called it "I once was lost but now I'm found", but "Reign Forever" was already written down. Hope you enjoy the rough draft, I'm off at sunrise to play a round with old friend Dan Johnson from E.C.C. Grip-em and Rip-em. Gloooooory.

No comments: