Sunday, July 27, 2008

Set Me Free


Ok, To be fair, I'm putting a photo of someone else's child up today. Let me introduce you to Slammin Sammy. The blue eyed mini Rick Barron in the flesh. What a precious boy. I cried the first time I saw his picture. Funny how you can be that happy for someone else's lack of sleep.... (just kidding).
Well today I've uploaded a quick demo from the house here of a song written last year called "Set Me Free". No not a "Sting" cover. Although I'm a year in production on "Praise Stills The Enemy" I'm got just about enough tunes to do a record of worship filled C.C. songs. I feel the choruses are very worship filled, but I've changed the verse style up enough that I feel a lot of the songs would be better done as specials or offering songs. Yes that's the title of the project I'm whirling around. "Songs of Offering" or something like that. The Irish song from a few weeks ago would be on it also. Hey who know's these might just be fine worship songs, since the verses to "Awesome God" are rarely ever sung in worship....

No comments: